Sunday, March 27, 2011

Just Add Ink Challenge #61 - Just Add Stamps


This weeks challenge over at Just Add Ink it to simply "Just Add Stamps". Sounds simple enough? Was it? Noooooo!!!! - not at all, for me anyway.

Started Friday Night with a few ideas, spent 48 hours going back and forth, then after much indecision, I stuck it all together and decided I didn't like it much at all. I was planning to share it with you anyway but either Photoshop or my PC didn't think it was good enough and froze.

They did let me edit the second card, which was created really quickly in comparison to the first.

I used a stamp set I bought ages & ages ago, that probably hasn't seen much ink. I also used the most challenging SU colour - for me anyway - Soft Suede. Not the best colouring in the world by any stretch but I used my blender pens and ink more successfully than I've done in past so I'm OK with that.



This was a really good challenge and it makes you see how dependant you become on punches, Brads, Ribbon etc. I kept wondering how to improve my designs & all those extras kept popping in my head. So to keep within the rules I added a paper ribbon.

Thanks for popping by,

Corinna

Recipe:
Non SU Stamps - Butterfly, Blossom, Symbol of Dream.
SU Stamps - Sanded Background
All Other Supplies Stampin'Up

Inks - Pretty In Pink, Tangerine Tango, Pretty In Pink
Cardstock - Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango, Whispher White
Other - Blender Pen, Adhesive

This challenge does make typing up the recipe quicker though LOL!!!!



6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable. Love your paper ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Corinna, love those stamps...:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You struggle with Soft Suede??? I LOVE Soft Suede, LOL. This is beautiful; you've done a great job with the challenge (very clever, that paper ribbon). I love the butterflies stamped all over the background card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colouring is beautiful! As is your card. Love the Butterfly, blossoms and japanese sentiment. The use of a paper ribbon was inspired! Well done and thanks for playing at JAI ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think you did a wonderful job Corinna - lovely colours and design, and some great just ink and cardstock accents!
    Kim (JAI)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the Honourable Mention ... this is stunning! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete